Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Hell's Kitchen - A Reality Show

10/23/2018

All of you know how much I love reality shows. And one of those shows I enjoy a lot is "Hell's Kitchen". There is so much yelling and cursing that I don't know how anybody is able to actually eat dinner.

So, I had to investigate. Gordon Ramsey owns 8 restaurants and is worth a measly $3.02 Million dollars. The show has run for 18 seasons, and the Los Angeles restaurant is in a warehouse! After investigating, the screaming and cursing Ramsey, does all of that for show. Apparently, when the cameras aren't running, he treats the chefs much differently. I guess when the cameras are off, he can be kind while mentoring the contestants.

Here's some fun facts about "Hell's Kitchen", which you may or may not be interested in. But, I've watched so many seasons that I decided to check out the reality of the show.
  • All the food that people get to eat is free 
  • Contestants are paid a modest salary while being on the show
  • The show has had 18 seasons, and doesn't appear it will go away anytime soon
  • The show is a 5 week production
  • Obviously, if you win, you get $250,000 (not bad for being yelled at for days on end), as well as becoming an Executive Chef in one of Ramsey's restaurants
  • In actuality, the winner doesn't become an Executive Chef, they become a Senior or Head Chef
  • If you have to go to the bathroom, you have to go outside and into a trailer on the set
  • Ramsey is surrounded by bodyguards
  • What the cameras don't focus on, is actual chefs that do most of the cooking in the background
The fact, and something I already knew, was that the show is in actuality just another reality show. And, by now, all of you know how much I love reality shows. Even though I love this type of show, you would never find me before a camera and looking silly or stupid some or most of the time! A woman has to have her dignity after all!

The next time I'll watch this particular show, I will keep all of the facts in my head (until I lose them to my short term memory issues), while I watch and listen to Ramsey berate the contestants. 

Thank goodness that I don't have somebody following me around in my kitchen. My knives may be dull, but they are still knives.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...