Thursday, October 4, 2018

Cleaning Up A Table

10/4/2018

I have a side table next to my chair, and at times (like now), it gets kinda full, also like now. I get People and Southern Living magazines. The AARP magazine comes monthly too.  And, then, for reasons know only to my mental self (the part that I can't reach to), I collect these magazines. 

I have the best of intentions of getting around to reading the magazines, and tearing out the bits, like book reviews, that I want to save. But, if you save something like enough, then chances are (i.e., me) won't even remember why you saved these pages in the first place. And, unfortunately, that's where I was this morning. While sipping my coffee, I put all the old newspapers, magazines and catalogs in a pile, determined to get through the stack!  And, congratulations to me, I did. So, if I don't do another thing today, I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  As you can see, it doesn't take very much for me to give me a pat on the back. Besides, if I don't, who will?

It's fall in the east, which makes it also leave pick-up time. Unlike years ago, you now have to put your leaves into recycle bags. I understand the recycling thing, but what a pain it is to bend down, scoop up leaves and get them into the bag. Every time you scoop, you sometimes spill more leaves back onto the ground, then you do actually putting the leaves into the bag. A drag, time-consuming and actually pretty hard work. An oak tree can drop a lot of leaves! I always joke that we should just take the blower and literally blow all the leaves off the trees. Not doable, but it's what I think of, when I'm doing the scooping up and transferring those leaves into bags.

Commercial lawn businesses, charge out the wazoo for getting the leaves out of your yard. If, the pick-up was a one time thing, then it would be worth the money, just so that Jeff and I don't have to add this chore, to all the others that needs doing.

There is, of course, another option. This option won't make you popular with your neighbors - let the leaves blow all over your yard, and possibly into theirs! Again, popularity is a problem - actually a rather big problem.

Yesterday, I did go out with a broom and swept the leaves that were in front of our yard, the curb and street. I was able to manage the sweeping, but pretty sure that bending and scooping will be difficult and painful for my left arm.  Any excuse to get out of something!

Slept in late, so it's time to get my old self moving along.

Happy Thursday.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...