Saturday, October 20, 2018

Pants

10/20/2018

Interesting topic don't you think? In my spare time, and I have loads of that, I began to wonder about certain things.

Growing up, pants were never supposed to "break". The definition of a proper pant length is a personal choice. The break in a pair of dress pants, for instance, is the fold or creasing of the fabric above the bottom of the front where it meets your shoe.  In my opinion, that's a good look.

So, if that's the case, why do you see so many men and women too, with pant legs pooled up at their ankles? There are some men who obviously have their pants tailored to fit. These men look "dapper" (do we even use that word anymore), when they are in front of an audience, for instance.

And, then we come to women. I'm a short person, so I'm happiest when it's summer and I can live in "shorty pants" (i.e., capris). My personal preference is to have my pants hit just above my shoes. Since I am a trip and fall person, the last thing I need is to step on a pant leg, that's too long. I know my style of wearing pants, isn't fashion forward - but frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn!

Oh, back to women, I had a brain freeze there for a moment. Whenever I see an actress, for example, with pants that cover her entire shoes, I do wonder how they keep from falling over. Maybe, their just more stable than I am. I can appreciate that the longer the pants are, the slimmer you look. At least, that's the look I think they're going for. At the Academy Awards ceremony, I noticed that the trend for most of the women, was to wear pants that covered up their shoes. So, how long to have your pants, is for sure, a personal preference. Um, another thing, if your pants cover your feet, are you then picking up dust, etc., when walking around?

I have a pear shaped body, which isn't attractive at all, but I have a short inseam. When I'm looking at catalogs, for instance, the inseam for a short woman is 30 inches! Where do they get these models? Over the years, I have spent a lot of money having pants altered to my preferred length, which is around 26 1/2 or 27 inches.  I guess I'm just an old woman (for sure) and set in her ways (double sure)! When I was in my teens, I was all about looking good, and most of the time I did. Not whistle worthy appearance, but sometimes a man would look at me - I mean really look at me. That felt good.

I didn't stop traffic back then, and the only reason I stop traffic now, is because I walk slowly. I know for many drivers, they are wondering why did I have to get in their way. Apologies to said drivers, but I'm doing the best that I can.

As I get dressed today, in blue jeans (sort of), the jeans were too long. Since I'm not particularly fussy, I rolled up the hems to shorten the legs. Once I did that, I grabbed some blue thread, and started hemming. Again Scarlett, you know how I feel.  

Going out to Andrew's house for a birthday celebration for Elly (Wendy's daughter). And, yes I'll be wearing my badly hemmed up pants. I doubt anyone will even notice!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...