Friday, October 5, 2018

Television Shows and Leaves

10/5/2018

Oh, and I meant to add purses too. I have Coach purses that are very heavy, even when empty. Mind you, these are very, very excellent purses, but these days, for me, lighter is better. With that in mind, I have bought a small purse that will only hold a few things: wallet, comb, lipstick - basically the essentials for women. I have shifted over from one purse to another. I always make sure that I don't leave anything essential behind during transfer!

And. then there are leaves. I swept up the leaves at the curb yesterday. But, even though my left arm is healing, I'm not fond of the idea of my bending down and scooping leaves. Which brings to my next "bright" idea. I found on Amazon (is there any other place to shop?), a rather cheap plastic device that is inserted into the brown paper lawn bags. Once the insert is in place, it keeps the bag open, and you can then sweep (which I prefer) or rake your leaves into the bag. Sounds wonderful, and it was very inexpensive, so if only get one seasons use from this little device, I will be very happy.

Therapy last night, and after a few warm up exercises, we moved onto the therapist massaging my shoulder.  She hit the painful spot on my shoulder, almost as if I had used a marker to show her the way. I'm doing more with my left hand, but still cradle it a bit, as far as weight goes.

A few days ago, the "drive" in our Tivo stopped working.  I'm sure that Jeff can or could provide more detailed as well as the proper description of what went wrong. Simple answer for me: the Tivo wouldn't work.  Now, for most people, that wouldn't actually be much of a big deal. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people. Watching television is sort of my "window" on the world. The challenge was for me to put back all the shows that we were used to watching. For me, this required a lot of concentration, but I think I've gotten most of our shows.

Since hitting the building with my car (which, by the way, tends to put people off as to your driving capabilities), I haven't driven since. Jeff will be going out of town next week. In his spare time (of which he has little), I want him to take me to a large and rather empty parking lot, so that I can practice driving again. I had to go through this same exercise when I came home in 2013. While he's gone, it's not likely that I'll go out very much, but want the option to do so.

I'll make a very short grocery list for Jeff when he goes out shopping. My needs are pretty simple: some bananas, some bagels, and that pretty much sums up what I'll probably need while he's away. I have no fear of running out of something. The question becomes is there anything in the house that I want to eat!

Because I don't have enough chores that I don't do, I've added one more. My cupboards, and perhaps yours, have lids with no bottoms, and vice versa. There is nothing more maddening, then put food in a bowl and can't find the corresponding lid. I could, at the same time, put down new liners, or not.  Guess it depends on my mood.

Have a great rest of the day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...