Monday, October 29, 2018

Phone Solictations

10/29/2018

For years, Jeff and I may have been one of the last people in the world, who owned and used a land line phone. We hadn't yet embraced the need or desire to have a wireless phone.

And, then one day at Costco, Jeff bought these phones, and we've never looked back. To be sure, we still have a land line phone, and there have been occasions when we've used it.

But, the beauty of the wireless phone, one phone sits on my table near my chair, and another one is on Jeff's table. It's not a time saver, by any means, but it affords us the luxury of seeing who is calling, and whether we want to pick up or not.

On any given day, I/we receive calls regarding our commitment to send out envelopes to our neighbors for breast cancer, firefighters and the like.

Then, there are the robo calls telling me that there's nothing wrong with our credit, but..... As soon as I hear there's nothing wrong, the call gets instantly disconnected.

Oh, and the calls regarding my need for a back or knee braces. Again, hang up before the spiel of speech is forthcoming. For each and every one of these calls, I am so grateful that all I have to do is reach for the phone, listen for a nano second, before I merely hang up. 

I appreciate that people who work phones for a living, and I also feel sorry for them. I mean a person has to take care of their families one way or another. And, if there was some way that I could forever block these kinds of calls, I would jump on that wagon before you could actually say "jump".

I know that I'm actually not a busy person, and these interruptions are not preventing me from completing brain surgery, or other major things like that. Having said that, I don't need or want people to call me offering me something to buy or donate, or both. Just saying.

Briefly, think of me as you go about your day, and how many calls I've had to deflect!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...