Monday, April 1, 2019

Out Of Touch!

4/1/2019

How do you know when you're out of touch? Well, one way is to watch American Idol, which I did this morning. There were only TWO (count 'em) that I had heard before. Forget the fact that I didn't know most of the songs, I also didn't know who the original artist was. I'm pretty sure that none of the songs from last night, will ever make the grade of becoming "elevator" music!

I thought that all the singers last night, were good as some being excellent. This round of competition was held in Hawaii, probably because one or two of the judges, wanted to have a small vacation there.

I grew up in the 60's where I believe the songs from that era, were great. We had the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Diana Ross, etc. Whatever was playing on the radio, the words of the song could definitely be heard. Okay, that was then, and this is now, and I'm definitely out of touch. Truthfully, I don't mind listening to the oldies, actually I love that kind of music and always will. This old dog just doesn't want to learn about the music that is being recorded right now. And, I suspect that the music going forward, won't be my "cup of tea" either. 

Another thing, I can't wrap my head around, is the condition of young people's jeans. They are torn, tattered, etc. Maybe because I'm the age that I am, I don't understand why you would intentionally rip up your jeans. Or, even less understandable is that someone actually buys jeans already tattered. I do own some jeans, but likely they don't matter, because I only wear jeans with elastic waists. I'm pretty sure that I'm the pretty much the last person in the world, who feels like I do.

And, don't get me started on the tops that are worn today. The off the shoulder, with elastic for "safety" reasons tops. I don't think this particular look would be good for me. But, I do applaud the women who can and do wear them. I'd always be afraid of spillage, and/or suffering from a wardrobe malfunction!!

This is hardly the old things that I think define me as an older woman, but you have to start somewhere.

P
 
Vialumi Women's Distressed Ripped Skinny Jeans - Many Styles



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...