Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wardrobe Change!

4/10/2019

With just a snap of her fingers, Mother Nature has once again changed the weather. Actually, I'm not sure if Mother Nature has fingers, but you get the general idea.

I have a "fair" amount of clothes, but please don't tell Jeff. Myself, like pretty much every other woman, absolutely loved new stuff, even if you don't need anything. It's just part of our DNA!

Our windows are open, and this morning is a bit on the chilly side (sweater weather), all of that is supposed to change starting today. Temperatures in the 60's calls for capris (for me), as well as shorts, a "bit" on the long side. Trust me when I say that absolutely nobody wants to see this body in short shorts, much less myself. And one more thing, an elastic waist is a must, at this point in my life, comfy rules over fashion, every time.

Today, I will put the majority of my winter clothes, except for the occasional long pants and sweaters. These will be replaced by shorty pants, short sleeve tops (sleeveless tops to wear around the house), and things like that. And, of course, let's not even get into a discussion about swimming suits. Since I don't know how to swim, the wearing of swimming suits is not a big problem for me. Swimming suits isn't really much of an option for me! Just saying.

Our furnace is now turned off, and we have opened up windows, which let's the fresh air into the house. I also know, with 100% accuracy, that in a month or so, I'll be hollering, turn the a/c on. The furniture in our den is leather, and I hate sticking to the chairs. 

I am waiting for the sleeveless dresses to arrive. These dresses have snaps in the front, which will make dressing much easier.  

Yesterday, I finished shredding all of our papers, some dating as far back as 2008. Hoarding much? The shredding took two of those big black bags, and I didn't always hit the "mark" when dumping the shredder, so there is some bits of paper on the carpet. I did, however, use my broom to pick up the majority of bits and pieces. Ada has more of a commercial vacuum, so cleaning up after my shredding job, won't be much of a problem for her.
Having said all that, doesn't mean that I won't attempt to "tidy" up things around the house. After just a week, it's staggering how many things need to find a proper home, etc.

P.S., yesterday was National Unicorn Day. Sorry I missed this most important holiday. I'll have to mark it on my calendar for next year!

NATIONAL UNICORN DAY – April 9 


P




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...