Thursday, April 4, 2019

Mom Mom Duty

4/4/2018

Today, and for the next few days, Benjamin will be staying with us. Since he's coming, and as a good "Mom Mom", I have made sure to have on hand, things that Benjamin likes to eat and/or drink.

One of Benjamin's favorite foods are PopTarts (I really like them too), and his drink of choice is either chocolate milk or what we call "Monkey Drink". The later drink has been labeled such, because each bottle has a monkey on the label. Makes good sense doesn't it?

One of Benjamin's all time favorites is Jeff's scrambled eggs. And I do have to agree with him. For all the years we've been married, I have never made scrambled eggs, or for that matter, no cooked eggs at all. It's tough to beat a champion!

On Saturday, Jeff is going to drop off Benjamin and I at the movie theater to see - duh a movie. There are a number of movies rated G or PG13, and I'll let Benjamin pick. One of the movies is Dumbo, which I would like to see. Avengers (whatever that is) is also playing. I'm okay either way. I say that because I have sat through hours watching Shrek and Sponge Bob, so you can see that I'm a real trooper. I have infinite amounts of patience when Benjamin comes to stay. 

As a teenager, my best friend and I would be dropped off at a movie theater. This old theater, even had balcony seating! Just to give you a quick trip down memory lane, at least for some of you, in the 60's, a movie cost, on average, sixty-nine cents! Before dropping me off, Dad would give me a couple of dollars, which more than covered the ticket and popcorn! That price as compared to some ticket prices today, which can start at $4.00, and rise quickly. Popcorn was cheap too.

I checked, because I can, and in a theater today, you will pay $14.59 for one large popcorn and one large drink. Two drinks moves the price scale to the right - $20.79! It is no wonder that most, if not all, patrons use their credit cards instead of money.
Come to think of it, people are using their credit cards for even small purchases. Carrying around some cash in your wallet isn't guaranteed that you can pay cash for your items.

And, some theaters offer some perks, which you, of course, pay for. Reclining seats, reserved seating, food being brought to you in the theater These are all very nice, but even if I couldn't have any of those "perks", I'd still enjoy a movie.

Think of me on Saturday, with Benjamin and I settled in our seats, and ready to watch a movie.

P










No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...