Sunday, April 14, 2019

Shopping

4/14/2019

Yesterday, Bella and I went to do our weekly "shop". It was definitely a top down day, which always makes me happy.

First stop, Costco, where we faithfully followed my list. And yes, if you're wondering, I rode that stupid little cart.

I had a longer list for Walmart, but since our pantry and freezer are really full, we kept to the list, at least most of the time.

While we were there, I bought some fabric paint. I know after surgery at the end of this month, I'm going to be put in a sling. And, to be clear, slings are so boring. So, I'm going to "trick" my sling. I'll paint, probably flowers even though I'm not very good at painting. I have enough spare buttons here in the house, so I can put a button in the center of each flower. Sounds cool, doesn't it? Life is too short to put up with a boring hospital sling. I, personally, need and want to be sporting some kind of "bling".

Will decorating a sling make my shoulder feel better? Physically no, but mentally yes. And I need all the help I can get regarding mental stuff.

While we were checking out at WalMart, Bella was on a down sit stay. And, even with everything going around here, she remained off leash, and performed perfectly. Jeff and I are so proud of her. 

Jeff bought me ice cream in a cup. Now, to be fair, Bella does better when I have a cone. But, she managed to eat off my spoon (gross for some of you I know) and got enough of the sweet stuff.  

Because I moved around the house yesterday, like a crazy person, because I couldn't find my sunglasses. Finally, and after almost giving up, I found them. I need to put a sticky note on the back door, that tells me where my glasses are! Isn't growing old so much fun?

Mother Nature apparently has gone back under her blanket, because it is a very "gloomy Gus" day. This kind of weather, makes me want to stay under the covers as well!

Tomorrow, the tax man cometh (however you spell it). Where it used to be pretty much was a pain in the rear, is much easier now. Basically, you enter your wages, get credit for your house payment, and then file, the dreaded 1040. The only help I give Jeff, is to collect necessary documents for him.

See you tomorrow.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...