Thursday, April 18, 2019

Observations

4/18/2019

We agree that I have lots of free time. This is true, which also means that I have time to study things.

One of the first things I observed (let's call it seeing), was that when I watched football games, most, if not all, of the players had long(er) hair. I suppose they could be making some kind of fashion statement, at least when they're not on the field. I don't know.

When watching baseball, I notice that with few exceptions, all the players had short hair. Frankly, I like short hair. During the game I saw that all the players, wore special shirts with the number "42" on the back. Jackie Robertson's number was 42. In April 15th, since April 15, 2004, is Jackie Robertson's day. I thought that it was a very nice tribute to a very special man.

I watched all manner of reality shows. Now, if I was on a show filming in the jungle (Parker's Trail) comes to mind, the first thing I would do before going into the jungle would be to cut my hair short - really short. With every episode I watch, I see how much trouble their long hair is. It's a dirty business searching for gold, so why not make it easier on yourself, and cut your hair? Think about how much cooler you would be. 

When the boys were young, each summer we gave them a choice: (a) wash and comb your hair every day, or (b) have a buzz cut, which required no combing. The boys, when they we're younger they always opted for "b". 

I watched Amazing Race this morning while I had my breakfast. The players this year are from Survivor, Big Brother and some other reality show that I can't remember. One team is made up of two women (duh, they play in pairs), who were on Big Brother. When I saw what they we're wearing, I was startled to say the least. One of the women had on a short, and tight dress. Who runs a race in a shirt? They both are blonde, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

Here's something else I've observed. The very large oak tree in the front yard - 32 years old is dying. We've had tree people come out and look at the old girl, but nobody seems to know how to save her. What Jeff and I saw after we realized that the tree was dying, we noticed that our neighbor's oak tree, along with many others in the neighborhood, were also dying. This means, of course, that no acorns fell this year, so there was no need for squirrels to hang around - nothing to eat. During the fall, you never walked on the driveway without shoes. Stepping on an acorn, is akin to stepping on a Lego piece! Painful to say the least.

Now, I observe that the clock is ticking it's way to noon. I absolutely must be dressed by noon. If I don't, I feel like a slacker. 

Happy Thursday everyone.

P

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...