Thursday, April 25, 2019

News

4/25/2019

There was a time, when I couldn't have cared two cents about what was happening in the world. When the paper arrived, I headed for comments from Heloise and Ann Landers, and, of course, the comics.

I lived this way for many, many years. Most of the news when I was a teenager didn't make much of an impression on me. With some exceptions: John and Robert Kennedy, moon walk, and things like that.

International news. What's that about? And, then slowly the world changed, and I moved along too. A shock to the system was sitting down every night to watch the news. Of course, there are stories that just aren't that interesting to me. The reports of killings, arson, just to name a few, don't are generally fast forward for me. It's not that I don't have sympathy for people who have lost their loved ones, or their homes.  But these things are just an example of where we are now. 

Most of us (but not me) have cellphones, which appears to have taken over the world. With a cellphone, people can be connected to other people. That makes sense. I, personally don't have a cellphone. Well, I had one about 3 years ago, but Bella, who was only a puppy, took it outside and ruined it. At this moment in my life, I'm generally never left alone, and don't drive because my shoulder is broken.

Boy, did I wander off the subject of news. I'll try again to stay focused on news. Okay, back to the story at hand. I said I watched the nightly news, minus the more than once part about weather. Frankly, I don't know if knowing what's going to happen (perhaps), does me any good. After all, it's not in my power to do anything about the weather - it is - what it is.

Because of all the political nonsense going on right now, I actually read the front page of the paper. Shocking I know. With the exception of talking to Jeff, I keep my thoughts and opinions to myself. I'm not a person who wants to take a stand on issues like Roe v. Wade, or whether you think the President is doing a good job. Mind you, I have a strong opinion on both of these subjects, but Jeff is generally that one person who actually knows how I feel. Oh, to go back to the 60's, minus the Vietnam War, when life was simple and the music at that time was fantastic. I can't say much about today's music, other than I don't like it. The music of our teen years, is now being played as "elevator" music. I doubt that today's music will attain that kind of fame, if you will.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...