Wednesday, April 24, 2019

New Game

4/24/2019

I have found on television a new game show called "Mental Samaria". The contestants are given 5 minutes to answer 12 questions. So far, only two of those contestants answered all the questions correctly, and they have worn $100,000.

When the show began, I thought that the winners would all be "brain nerds". That's simply not true. A man who runs a soul cycle class, was only I think two questions away, from winning $25,000.00

A woman came on the show, perhaps feeling a bit cocky, as she is a member of the Mensa Society. Sadly, she was stumped by one question and didn't win. Happy to say that her husband, who has only a lowly PhD, did better than she did, but he also failed on a question. Thing of the bragging rights!

There are two questions that seem to trip people up. And, that category involves music, musical artists, songs, etc. Either the contestant is too young to know much about new music (if you can call it that), or the contestant is too young to be familiar with the older songs. You could mentally train your brain with putting things in order, doing a crossword puzzle and things like that. 

When I'm watching the show, I like to "play" along. Unfortunately, in every episode, I fail at more than one question. So, no $10,000 for me - sad.

I used to watch Jeopardy, but I couldn't seem to answer any of the questions. That wouldn't be a good game choice for me!

Yesterday, it was sunny, bright and warm. Today, not so much. Shorty pants or not. That is the question I have to ask myself every day. It's a long pants day.

I have always been fascinated by the Royal Family. The Queen rules her family with an iron glove. Pretty sure you don't want to be on the outs with her. I check every day for news about the royal baby, but up to now, there has been nothing.

I'm a week away from my shoulder surgery, which I really need. Because I'll be in a sling for some large amount of time, I have been looking for as well as buying sleeveless dresses. Most of the dresses have snaps or buttons on the front, which will make dressing easier. Of course, wearing a sling has a number of issues, and dressing is only one of them. There is only so much that you can ask your partner to do for you. 

I do remember a few days before delivering Andrew, Jeff shaved my legs. As a man, he doesn't understand, but all of us women do! While in the hospital, your hair is one thing that goes all whirly-dirly (made up word) even after a short stay. Even with short hair (me), I will end up looking pretty much like I've been through a hurricane.

The day is getting away from me. I know, you're thinking so what's new about that. Believe me, I always start off my day, believing (not actually) that I won't let my day get away from me - and then it does.

See you tomorrow.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...