Monday, April 8, 2019

Sunny Monday!

4/8/2019

Today, Mother Nature is at her absolute best. It's Sunny and warm (but not hot) outside. While we went out to Andrew's house yesterday, with the top down, it was a bit on the chilly side. If we rode in his car today, the only problem we'd have is the wind whipping around our hair. Oh wait, whipping around my hair, Jeff doesn't have any. (smiley face). 

Yesterday morning, Scott and Wendy came for breakfast. Eggs (which Jeff does better than anyone else - in my opinion), bacon, potatoes and toast. Oh, and because they might still be hungry, cherry pastries for breakfast dessert!

In the afternoon, the girls with Benjamin riding in the backseat, went to Costco to buy a few things and pick up my new sunglasses! I haven't bought new sunglasses in years, and apparently they were ready to fall apart according to the sales person. In the past, my prescriptions for glasses were very expensive. But, after having cataract surgery, that is no longer the case.

Stacey fixed us hamburgers, corn on the cob, jalapeno peppers, a favorite of Jeff's, but definitely not mine. While we were at Costco, Jeff bought a tresleches cake, which is a favorite of mine. After eating, we went downstairs to watch a movie. We didn't finish the movie, because we were both tired. Since the girls play hard when we go to Andrew's, it's always a quiet ride home. Last night, was no different. 

Once home, we spent a hour or so, sort of like unwinding, and then headed off to bed. Both of us, as well as the girls, slept very well. In fact, I spelt in until 10! So that is the reason, that the blog is a "tad" late!

Today, I'll tidy up the kitchen for sure. After breakfast yesterday, I didn't even bother to rinse off the dishes, which we all know is not a good idea.

Have you ever bought a piece of clothing, for instance, and want to buy that clothing again. And, now you can't find the site where you shopped? Well, that happened to me yesterday. In anticipation of my shoulder surgery later in the month, I wanted a sleeveless, snap front housecoat, duster, or whatever. It took me a bit of time, but eventually was successful.  I wanted different colors, but could only buy this item in the
same peach color. Since I know that this kind of dress, if you will, is going to be my best friend after surgery, I bought three. In truth, I wanted to buy different colors, but couldn't find in my size. So, peach it is.

My diet took a hit yesterday, with bacon, eggs, and later the cake. And, my scale reflected that indulgence. Today, I will have to start and/or continue with my high protein diet. I need the scale numbers to begin moving in the left direction.

I will tell you this though, I bought both a capri and short (actually they don't qualify as shorts), because their longer than what most shorts are. Here's what tickled me the most. While both items are made of knit fabric, which is very forgiving, I bought both items two sizes smaller! I know that if I were to put on, let's say, that size is a fabric less "giving", they would probably be a tight fit. But, any progress, is well progress.  

Today, because it's nice outside, I'll grab my trusty rollator, and walk (slowly) around the circle a few times. After I do that, I'll park my rollator in the driveway to soak up some vitamin D.

Later.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...