Wednesday, May 8, 2019

A New Day

5/8/2019

I know you're thinking "duh".  But yours truly has trouble keeping track of what day it is. Not a big problem for most of you, or any of you, for that matter. But, it sends some kind of red flag up for me.

Knowing this, or not knowing this, I'm off today to a memory clinic. Who knew that such a place existed. Not me for sure. I've had a long wait for this appointment. Will they be able to tell me: that I'm just getting old; or my brain isn't operating functionally. My neighbor asked me the other day, if I really did want to know, presuming that it's not an old age thing. And, yes I really do want to know. When I put thermos caps in the freezer, can't find my credit card, or get lost in a parking lot, makes me question my mental well being.  Any hoo (don't know if that's a word), Jeff and I are going this afternoon to see what's what. Jeff will be there to keep me honest.

Benjamin used my computer yesterday, which was definitely okay. What I find this morning, is really not okay. There is jell-o residue on my keyboard as well as my desk. It's not the end of the world, I just don't like having sticky stuff on my desk. And, that's probably that nasty "OCD" kicking in. I like the location of everything in my office, and I've placed every item just where I want it. Gadzooks, I'm beginning to take up some of Jeff's habits!

Before Ada comes, and I know this sounds crazy; but, ladies all over the country do the same thing. And, what exactly am I talking about. Basically, I do a minimal amount of work, like picking things up.  I don't want to pay her to put dishes in the dishwasher, because I can still do that, even with a "busted" wing.

It's been a week since surgery, and I think I'm doing very well. I've taken some kind of mild pain (I think that's what it is) reliever. But, happy to say that the pain is, for the most part, livable. So, it hasn't been necessary for me to take a stronger pill. I could of course, take that kind of pill, but I figure why should I take them when I can muster through.

We're going to Baltimore today, and we like having the top down, but it's pretty cool outside, so likely it will be top up.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...