Thursday, May 16, 2019

Expedition Unkown

5/16/2019

To say that I have been interested in this television show, would be an understatement. While I intellectually know that the show, while based on facts, generally has no surprises for the viewer. Knowing all of this, doesn't take away my pleasure from watching the host, go off on adventure and adventure.

This morning, as I do each morning ("OCD"?) while eating my breakfast, the expedition went to South America to see if the location of the found Crystal Scull still had any undiscovered treasures.
Once inside the cave, a large jar of pottery was found. The jar was in immaculate condition, and once the authorities were told about the jar, they went out for themselves and it now rests in a museum somewhere.

The Crystal Skull was first found in many, many years ago. And, while it's been examined time and time again, none of the researches believe that the skull was made hundreds of years ago. Let's say between 1860-1880. Knowing this, hasn't deterred my opinion and thirst for more knowledge.

F. Mitchell Hedges found the skull in the jungles, and believed that it was 3600 years old. That's a long time by anybody's standards. Once the heir of Hedges, while dying, continued to believe in the authenticity of the skull.

Modern tests on the skull, which by the way is beautiful, concluded that the skull had to be made with precision tools, and absolutely wasn't as old as Hedges believed. Even knowing this, I am still intrigued with the story.

Hedges wrote two books, so I of course, went straight to Amazon. One book's price ranges from $45.00 to $98.00. A little rich for me. 

I guess the naming of the show Expedition Unknown, is accurately named such, because of all of the places that the host has been. Just wish I could go on one of his adventures! Wouldn't you wish that you had found this treasure? I know I would.

P

  Image result for picture of crystal skull

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...