Thursday, May 30, 2019

And The Three Men Goeth

5/30/2018

I give yesterday, the tree men came and worked nearly 8 hours (approximately) here at the house. Of course the day that work is supposed to be started, was a very hot and humid day. Given the temperature, and how hot it was outside, we gave them several pitchers of ice water, as well as some peanut and butter crackers. I think, no I actually know, that the men appreciated the kindness Jeff and I, we gave to them.

Okay, the trees on one side of the yard, are all gone now. Now, there will be no question about our trees encroaching into their yard. But, now with the trees gone, there is sure a lot of empty space between the two houses now. 

We haven't made a decision yet about what to put in that empty space. But, here's what I know for sure, anything we plant will not be on the fence line. Not going to go through the nonsense of our trees are hanging into their yard. Sometimes, it's the little things that seem to blow up out of prohibition.  Ah, for the good old days in California, where 6 foot concrete walls, were the norm, and this created really good neighbors!

Today, the said trees are gone, flower beds weeding and mulched and boxwood in front of our porch have been trimmed.  All in all, a very good day, especially if you enjoy watching men work on your behalf. It seems to Jeff and I that they could have definitely used one more man to help with the work. But, that's just our opinion.

When tree saws, stump grinders and anything else that makes noise, but by the end of the day, your head is aching for quiet. The gates were open, so several times during the day, we allowed the girls to have a "walk about". They never go far, just behind a few houses and then back inside. Because it was hot yesterday, and the dogs were thirsty, meant that it was easy to get them inside - even Daisy.

A scheduled evaluation from a personal trainer, had to be cancelled due to car issues. Going to give it a try next week. 

In the meantime, there is another personal trainer that will give me an evaluation, so I think I will call him today, and try to get on his calendar. Here's what I know for sure - I'm in desperate need for some one-on-one training. If I don't get in better shape, then I can kiss my dreams of going to Hawaii for our anniversary in 5 or so years. And, I definitely want to go, so I need to get my butt in gears, and work toward that goal. So, I definitely have an incentive to work hard. I'm not, nor have I ever been, excited about exercise. The lack of exercise teamed with my inability to walk very far, has left me, for a better word, soft. I don't need, nor do I want to have a bodybuilders muscles. There nice to look at, but all I'm asking for, is a body that can get off the floor when she (me) falls down.

Here's a picture of a dead Leland Cypress. I don't believe (my opinion only), that looking at trees such as the one below, fills your heart with joy. Rather, your heart knows a true sign of a dying and/or already dead tree.




P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...