Friday, May 10, 2019

Gold, Gold and More Gold

5/10/2019

I have never been much of a "gold wearer". My wedding ring, watch and one special necklace. That constitutes my entire collection as far as "real gold". Having said that, I do like gold (doesn't everyone), but beyond a few pieces, don't have a need or even want more gold jewelry.

Now, diamonds are a different matter entirely. If I life to be 100, I will always love diamonds, oh and emeralds too. My birthstone's color, in my opinion is not as nice as say, May, February or April. I absolutely don't like red stones, and I have no rationale reason for this. I don't own any and I don't want any. Asked and answered.

When Jeff and I were first married, my wedding ring's diamond was quite small. This was certainly okay, because we were a young couple and spending oodles of money on a ring just didn't make much sense.

Some years later, we bought a new ring, with a bigger diamond (but not so big, that I'd be a target for stealing)!! But, I always thought something was missing.We sent my ring back to the jeweler in California, to put emeralds around the diamond. Scary stuff when you're shipping a ring, even with signatures every time the package arrived in a post office.

I tasked the jewelry, who we knew well, that I didn't want just any emeralds. Nope, I told the jeweler not to send the ring back, until he had found the right stones. It took sometime, but eventually the jeweler (who was also a friend), called to say that he believed he had finally found the right color for the emeralds. 

When the ring arrived, the ring looked amazing, with a emerald on both sides of the diamond. I suppose, like some women, I could after this many years, ask for another upgrade, but I'm not likely to do that. 

On TV now, there are more than enough shows about digging for gold. While none of these shows has had some kind of break through as far as gold is concerned. The Gold Rush show, is/was a big investment. With people and "manly" trucks, etc., these guys do really pull a lot of gold out of the ground.  

One such miner, is a young man, who was mentored by his Grandfather. His first season, his gold findings were quite small - $400 or $500. Today, however he has a completely different number of gold ounces he has dug up. Let's just say that his net worth, right now is $8M. Chew on that for a bit. The mining season is rather short. Somewhere around October until March of April. 

Currently, I watch "Lost Gold of WW11", Gold Rush White Water, Curse of oak island, Parker's trail which is in South America, and perhaps some other gold shows that I simply don't remember. So every time, a miner finds some gold or other evidence of people who lived on the land a long time ago, is thrilling to me! My hope is that one day, one of these shows, finds the mother lode of treasure. Of course, if they do that, then essentially the show would probably be over.

When we moved into our house some 30+ years, the neighbor who lived next door (and glad that they're gone), told us that his wife sold expensive jewelry. And, that he had a safe in his basement for her products. Without even blinking an eye, I told him, that on our door in our basement, was a sign that said "the good stuff is next door". I, of course, didn't do that, but it was well worth watching his face, turn different colors! Such fun.

If, you think gold mining shows might interest you, there are several examples of shows that I listed earlier, that could draw you in. 

P
 Image result for picture of gold









No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...