Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

5/12/2019

The day is upon us. Women of all ages, whether they are moms, grand moms, or daughters, etc. know that this is their day. In theory, they are celebrated in many different ways: dinner out, jewelry, chocolate, flowers and more.

Since I don't want or need any of those things. I asked Jeff for a TV tray. People of a certain age will remember these trays as being made of tin or a similar material. Generally sold in packages of four and had a stand to hold all of the trays when not in use.  Jeff and I once had these trays. Where they went, is anybody's guess. Likely, at some point merely tossed out.

Yesterday, while Jeff and his sidekick Bella were out and about, I asked for a tv tray. The one that Jeff bought me bears no real resemblance to the trays of our younger days. If my memory serves me right, I think these trays were meant to hold "tv dinners". I actually can't remember why we had these trays, and what we used them for! Old age memory is such fun.
 
Image result for picture of vintage tv tray
 For this Mother's Day, and Jeff has always purported that I'm not his mother, I asked for only one thing - okay make that two things: a tv tray (just one) and I would like to have an ice cream cone from McDonald's this afternoon.  I have already sent Stacey and Wendy Mother Day cards, but I posted on Facebook this morning, happy wishes to both of them.

Some history, and I know you knew that this was coming. Mother's Day started in 1908 by Anna Jarvis, after she held a memorial service for her mother. It became a "holiday" in 1914. And, Hallmark started making these special cards in the 20's.  In the end, Anna Jarvis actually hated this special day, because of the commercialization. Boy, if she could see us know. Statistics show that people, on average, spend about $196.00 celebrating Mom. So, buying an ice cream cone, which is not very expensive, will be a luxury for me. Oh, and Bella likes the ice cream too, but she becomes a bit of a hog!

And, today, isn't filled with sunshine. We've got rain (again) and frankly Scarlett, I'm tired of it. Of course, before the rain comes, is a good time to throw some seed out.

Here's a wonderful picture of a bouquet.
 
Image result for picture of flowers 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...