Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bit of This and Bit of That!

5/18/2019

Catchy title isn't it? What it really means is that I don't have very much to say, about pretty much anything.

Disappointed that the yard folks didn't come this week to start working in the yard. I guess a call on Monday will probably be in order.

I've thought of some larger plants and trees to put in the backyard. Since the girls are no longer stripping off bark, any new plants should now be safe.

I would, but perhaps Jeff doesn't want, a free standing bit of fence to block off the neighbor from having to see into our yard. Their house sits higher than ours and I'm pretty sure that they don't want to look into ur backyard and/or "Jenny" (generator). Jenny is very large and I really don't know how you make a generator "pretty". What I know now, and didn't 32 years ago, that what you plant in your own ground, doesn't always please the neighbors. This is true, especially when said tree(s) are at the end of their life. Anyway, the trees are coming down. I now know that I don't want to plant anything on the fence line. Nope, if we put up a free standing privacy, for lack of a better word, would definitely be in our yard, hurting nobody. Oh, I long for concrete walls! But back here, that's just so not happening.

Moving on. We watched a Judge Judy show and she was sporting a new hairstyle. Thing of Judge Ruth Bader. Her hair is pulled back with a small ponytail at the back. I initially wondered if she was ill. Nope. After 22 years of having to have her hair messed with, she has decided that this hairdo suits her now. I understand all about hairdos that can be pulled (pun) together in record time. Now, when Jeff goes to the barber shop, I tag along. I could go to a beauty salon, and pay for doing so, or sit in a barber chair, and have my hair cut short. Basically, shampoo, comb and go. This works very well for me. Perhaps, I'm just lazy or not good with hair. Never have been, and likely never will be. Jeff, with his shaved head, has no such problems. When the top is down, my hair is swirling all around my hair, requiring a comb when we get to our destination. 

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm sling free. Yipee. Unless you've had the "privilege" of wearing a sling, you also know how hard it is to work with just one hand.

Still pondering what I would like planted in the backyard, after pretty much everything has been cut down. I'm writing down a few suggestions to give to Joel (landscaper) to consider. A large part of our fence, isn't really close to the other neighbor's yard. I/we could probably put off planting there, until we want to do so. See how easy it is to put off today, so that you can "do" the chore tomorrow or even the next day....  l know you get the idea.

Finishing for today. My cut-off time for blogging is noon, and I'm getting close to that time.

P








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...