Saturday, May 25, 2019

A Friday That Felt Like Saturday!

5/25/2019

Yesterday, Bella and Jeff went down to meet one of his team members. (And, yes I know you're reading this Jeff, and I may not have stated it right). Okay, we got the disclaimer out of the way!

It was a top down kind of day for a road trip. Bella rides in the car beautifully and loves to look out the back of the car. When we stop at a stoplight, the people around us, stare at Bella. Not in a mean way, of course, but in a delighted to see a dog riding around in a convertible. And, let's make no mistake, in my opinion, as well as others, that she is a beautiful dog.

Yesterday, was the first time she went into a restaurant. Jeff says that she went into a down position almost immediately, and didn't move. Even with the smell of food all around her. And, we know that Bella likes food. And, we know this by her counter surfing at night. We know now that she doesn't like green peppers or grapes. But, any other food or paper product seems to be fair game for her.

I had the carpets cleaned again. It's a good thing that Daisy is such a loving dog. When we take her outside, she just won't go. But, the minute she comes back in the house, yep you get it, "x" marks her spot. She is particularly bad in the hallway upstairs. So, the carpet people were out again yesterday. While I haven't used the baby gates that we used to put up all over the house, I'm back to using them again! Three years old, and not much progress in house breaking. It's a bit on the difficult side for me to keep going up and down the stairs. For now, the carpet is clean once again, and a baby gate is at the top of the stairs to prevent her from being in the hallway. I have bought, and will start using today, an entire hallway length of a "pee" pad. I know, I know, this isn't the best solution, but it's the best thing I can think off at the moment.

Last night, for the first time in months, I closed the bedroom door to prevent a "walk about" in the hall. I truly wish I didn't have to do this, but sometimes you just gotta do, what you gotta do. And, this is something that will prevent me from going "insane", or more "mental" than I already am!

This weekend, I think it's time to put away the winter clothes, and get the spring/summer clothes out of their respective bags. I mean, who needs sweat pants this time of the year? It's not a particularly difficult task, just one I don't seem to ever want to get around to! I, as well as most people, can come up with a lot of reasons why I aren't attending to the "x" chore.

Yesterday, felt like Saturday, and, of course, that stands to reason, today feels like Sunday. I don't know what I'm going to do on Monday!

Enjoy your outings this weekend, and I hope those outings don't get rained out.

P
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...