Monday, May 13, 2019

Just Another Rainy Day In Paradise!

5/13/2019

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day, whatever you did. It seems as if Mother Nature won't even give us a break in the weather. Rain is good for the grass, but generally has a negative effect on people. Myself, comes to mind.

I have found a tv show (of course I did) called Abandoned Mysteries. The show brings the viewers into old and abandoned buildings. Going inside, these old places are filled with memories, mostly bad, and also very creepy. And, yet I sit and watch the shows. I have found all manner of new shows on the Discovery Channel, that have captivated my attention. Who doesn't want to see into abandoned Russian prisons, French bunkers, a highway in the jungle (more or less) that stretches out, holding I'm sure a promise, years ago of completing that bridge. For now, the bridge just ends before reaching the other side. Question would be, naturally, why was the road built and why was it abandoned? I think we'll never know the answer, but it does make you wonder. Okay, maybe not you, but it certainly does for me.

Speaking of creepy, years ago, the law firm I was working for, wanted to see about an extension, or larger work place, in one of the upper floors. We girls were very excited to look at the office, and that's when the creepy came in. The office was left with everything still in place. Coffee cups, papers, office machines and anything else you can think of, was in some kind of a time warp. You know me, I wondered what happened that people didn't pick up such things as coffee cups. Was it a mass exodus, or merely a lay off, time and time again? I'll never know, but it made me sad, knowing that actual people worked in that office. From the looks of it, I assume that everyone left all at the same time, which would account for everything left behind. We didn't take the space, but viewing another person's life, more or less, reminded me of walking over someone's grave. I know, terrible thought.

Going to Baltimore today for our annual "well baby" check-ups. The weather, at the moment, is not ideal for having the top down. But, somehow when the top is up, the car, at least to me, seems claustrophobic. Mind you, I never get that feeling when I'm in other cars. Maybe, it's because when I get in Jeff's car, I want the top down. It's so enjoyable to ride with the wind in your face. I, always bring a comb, because once you've reached your destination, your hair (not Jeff's, because he doesn't have any) is a mess! I may not be very vain, but I don't want to go anywhere with my hair all jumbled up.

I checked up on national holidays, and here's what you can celebrate, if you wish.

National Frog Jumping Day, National Fruit
Cocktail Day, as well as Crouton Day. See, you have many things you can celebrate today. Luckily for me, I do have fruit cocktail and croutons in the pantry!

 Happy Monday everyone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...