Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Doctor Visit

5/20/2015

Yesterday, I had scheduled an appointment with a spine surgeon to see what options might be available to me to reduce my pain.  Jeff and I drove to Frederick, thankfully ahead of rush hour traffic, to find that I didn't have an appointment with the doctor.  The receptionist told me that I had an appointment with a pain management doctor - and to add insult to injury - I was supposed to be in their other office, which is closer to home.

I have a great deal of difficulty in getting mad enough to vent, but yesterday I came very close.  I asked the receptionist why I was seeing a pain management doctor?  She replied, and you will love this, because I'm in pain!  I also asked if it was the business' practice to decide which doctor a patient should see, especially if she had one particular doctor in mind.  No answer to that question.

I informed her, again politely, that I already had a pain doctor and it was he that had referred me to the surgeon. She told me that I could see the surgeon today at 5:30, but today isn't convenient for Jeff and I.  

I kept myself together until Jeff and I got into the car - and then I vented loudly.  While I've been taught to always be a lady, I'm beginning to realize that there are cases where you don't need to be a nice lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...