Thursday, May 28, 2015

Shoe Graveyard

5/28/2015

Confession time - I'm a "bit" lazy, or perhaps under motivated might be a better word.  When you are no longer working, you have plenty of time to do "x" today, tomorrow or never.  And I have to tell you that it's very easy to fall into the never category.  To dust today, or not, is just one of the "big" decisions I have to make every day!  I know it's tiring to be me :)

In the den, I counted last night four different pair of shoes or slippers.  Like you, I only have two feet so you're probably wondering how so many pairs manage to all be in one spot?  Easy.  This is where the slightly lazy part of me comes into play.  

I come down in the morning with a pair of something on my feet.  While reading during breakfast, I shuck those shoes off and head upstairs to dress.  When I come back down, I am wearing yet another pair of shoes/sandals, etc.  Since I have extreme difficulty in tying shoes, everything I wear now is some kind of a slip on, which makes them also easy to slip off!

If I'm going outside to water plants, I pick a shoe (more like a ballet flat) that can be put in the washing machine.  Once my outside work is done, the shoes come off, probably because I got them wet by playing in the water.  If you're keeping count, I now have two pairs of shoes in the den.  

When I go to the store, I wear sandals, which makes my third pair of shoes in the "graveyard".  Once back home I take the sandals off and opt for a pair of Isotoner slippers (ballet flats).  I own three pairs of these slippers, and each pair is in a different degree of being worn out.  

If I'm going out and a lot of walking is part of the outing, then I put on my velcro tabbed walking shoes.  

So you can see that if an emergency occurred, as far as shoes were concerned, I've got every situation covered!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...