Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

5/10/2015

Today, is one of the worst days to go to a restaurant for dinner.  The other worst days, in no particular order, are: Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Jeff and I try to avoid eating out, unless we're eating at some ridiculous early hour, like the old people we are, at 4:00!

For me, today will pass like most other Sundays.  There are clothes to wash, macaroni salad to make, television shows to record for the upcoming week and here and there books to read.

Stacey gave me a gift set consisting of shower gel and lotions.  The smell is wonderful and right after I get done writing, will head up stairs to try out the shower gel.  A girl's gotta smell right you know.

Today, is also one of the biggest day for receiving flowers, preceded only by Valentine's Day.  Disclaimer here: I love flowers, I really do - but they die - and most of the time they do so quickly.  Who wouldn't love to receive a dozen long-stemmed roses?  I can't think of anyone including myself.  But if roses are expensive the rest of the year, they are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally expensive today.

Jeff and I don't really celebrate Mother's Day, because as he has pointed out to me for 40 years, I'm not his mother.  This is a true statement.  I also don't want him to go out and buy a Hallmark card for me under duress.  There is absolutely nothing that Hallmark could right in a card that could be better stated and understood than the fact that Jeff has never let me down.  Now, more than ever, with my memory issues, coupled with just some plain old anxiety, he is my rock.  

Some women would probably like to receive flowers, candy, and/or jewelery, I personally would be happy with just having a half gallon of ice cream in my freezer. because who doesn't like to have a "little" ice cream while watching television!

Mothers, enjoy your day and all the love and attention you receive.  You deserve it.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...