Monday, May 4, 2015

Televison Shows

5/4/2015

As I sat yesterday programming the Tivo for the week, I noticed that several of the shows we enjoy are season finale.  There is this horrible dry spell after the finales before summer television begins.  I know that the actors and the behind the scenes producers, etc., work long hours.  And I would, and you should, feel sympathy for them, if it weren't for the ridiculous amount of money they make.

TV actors can earn anywhere from $150,000 to $1M per episode.  Mark Harmon, for example earns $500,00 per episode!

Of course, because earning money by acting in a television show isn't enough, many actors farm themselves out to do commercials.  You've seen Matt McConaugh driving a Lincoln, John Hamm has an ad for Mercedes.  

Tim Allen and Morgan Freeman earn $1M (as in million) for their ad which generally only requires one day of work!  Wish I could make that kind of money.  Other actors can earn from $300,000 to $1M for their advertising gigs.

For the "regular" people who do ads, they'll earn, which works out to about $3,000 to $5,000 an ad. Not too shabby for doing much but being the voice in a commercial.  I can talk, why aren't I in Hollywood earning big bucks?  

A dog handler in Hollywood makes $54,000 and a body double makes $33,000.  The actors do work 12 to 14 hours a day, which doesn't leave much time for them to do anything else, except sleep!  But when they do sleep, they are likely doing so in a palatial house in a really nice part of town!

So when we feel sorry for the actors, we need to just remember how very well they are compensated and chances are they don't even have to work all year.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...