Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Chores

5/17/2015

It's Sunday, and like all Sundays there are certain things that have to,or should be, done - by me.  First things first.  I always check out the TV Guide for the upcoming week and set the Tivo to record shows.  Some shows are not to Jeff's liking, and that's okay, I watch them when he's not home.

Last week programming for Sunday was a nightmare, because every show we liked was on Sunday!  This week - not so much.  I will have to find fillers for the spots left empty by the shows that have had their season finale.  Wouldn't you like to work as many, or as few, weeks a year as actors do?  I would and I'd like to collect their pay too!!

Jeff and I started Letterman again last week and have enjoyed each show.  He has some great guests on as he nears his retirement date on the 20th.  Years ago we watched Letterman when he would launch watermelons and water balloons off the roof.

Once I've marked up the Guide, I will sit down and scan through my "to do" list of shows that are set to record.  I'll also add new shows that Jeff and I might enjoy. 

I've already boiled the macaroni for Jeff's salad that he takes for lunch during the week.  Initially, I added all the ingredients and left out the mayo and pickle relish, because even after 40 years, I never get it "quite right".  Now all I have to do is cook the macaroni and rinse it to cool off.  Then I'm done.  

I've got one tiny little load of laundry to do.  And, since it rained last night, I don't even have to go out and water my little fledgling plants.  

I'm in the middle of a trilogy and will look for any excuse to return to my Kindle!

Have a great day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...