Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day - My Way

5/11/2015

Yesterday, I spent Mother's Day by doing pretty much what I wanted to do - except for the laundry part!

After Jeff and Scott left to go buy carpet for the townhouse, and yes we're really almost finished with the re-do, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends.  Out of necessity I bought frozen fudge bars - but to be fair - I bought the Weight Watcher ones.  Gotta cut out those calories somewhere!

After putting the groceries in the car, I then went to Popeyes and bought 2 breasts and 6 thighs.  Once I was at home I put some tator tots in the oven and when they were done, ate my chicken breast while I watched television.

What I did notice in the grocery store was that at 4:30 in the afternoon the card aisle was full.  Really people?  If you haven't bought your significant other or mother by that time of the day, maybe you should be buying next year's card instead.  Just saying.

When the guys came home, they made quick work of the remaining chicken, but there was still two chicken thighs for Jeff's lunch today.  There was a reason for picking up extra thighs!  Always thinking ahead.

Later in the evening, I made Jeff and I dessert.  Pound cake, mixed berries and vanilla ice cream on top.  It doesn't get a lot better than that I can assure you.  While enjoying our almost healthy dessert (we were eating fruit), we got in a bit of television.

Once upstairs, I am always amazed at how much hotter it is in our bedroom as opposed to the rooms downstairs.  I hate being hot and sticky and even though I had a fan on, I fussed and fidgeted for a short bit of time before falling asleep.

All in all, pretty much a perfect day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...