Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Day After the Party

5/3/2015

Yesterday, Jeff and I spent the morning in tandem preparing the food we were taking to Scott's birthday party.  Deviled eggs (lots) and the "cowboy" beans (also lots) and macaroni salad.  Of course, after you spend the morning in the kitchen, it tends to look a lot like a bomb went off in there.
Once I had washed or put dishes in the dishwasher, things were looking better in the kitchen.  Not perfect, but workable.

Jackie (Scott's wife) had prepared a lot of food for all of us to eat.  She had side dishes, chips and hot cheese dip for snacks.  Also had made creme bruele (however you spell it), birthday cake and jello shots.

After eating the salads and a hamburger, most of us were stuffed comfortably and dessert was served later.  Several hours later, I became tired and wanted to come home.  We packed up our "tovers" and left with two creme bruele desserts to eat tonight, while we are watching all the good shows on television.

Jeff works so hard during the week, that my suggestion for him today was to go to the airport and bore some holes in the sky.  It would be very relaxing for him, and everybody needs a little down time.  I would go with him, but getting in and out of the plane, but "arthur(itis)" in my hip makes it difficult and painful.  

For me? I'm thinking of pulling a lawn chair onto the sidwalk, catch some rays and read one of the many books I have loaded on my Kindle.  Jeff takes macaroni salad for his lunch every day.  We don't even have to make that today, because we brought enough home for him to have for lunch for several days.

Laundry is done and dusting I don't much care about, probably because it just comes back.  The good news about retirement - and lord knows we need one - is that we can put off until tomorrow to do chores!  

Our weather is warming up, so the windows are now open which allows fresh air to come inside.  It costs us a ton (and I'm not exaggerating) to run the air conditioner, so we'll try and get by with fans until it is really hot with a capital H outside!

Have a great Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...