Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Pesky Bugs

5/26/2015

We keep the dogs' kibble in the garage in a plastic trashcan with a flip lid.  It's narrow so it doesn't take up much space.  The problem with the trashcan is that every time you open the lid to get out kibble, a swarm of these teeny little bugs fly out.  And to this I say "nay nay".  I don't like bugs.  Any bugs come to think of it.  And I really don't like things that fly around my head and they're way too small to kill with a fly swatter.  They're like knats or something.

A month or so ago I was having the same problem with the dogs' bones.  And I found a solution: the Vital Vittles Vault on Amazon.  The vaults come in all different sizes, but the concept is the same.  There is a spin top with a gasket which keeps pesky bugs (ants, etc.) from getting inside.  Some of the reviews indicate that people keep their "vaults" outside filled with birdseed, etc.  Trust me dogs can't get inside these containers, or come to think of it, any other animal!  Perfect indeed.

Yesterday, I traded in my plastic trashcan full of flying bugs when the top is open, to a vault sized to hold 50 pounds of dog food.  The price difference between a vault that holds 25 pounds rather than 50 pounds, is minimal.  

I have a lot of spare time, so I started cutting and/or tearing out book reviews from the newspaper and magazines and now three hole punch them and put them in a notebook.  I don't know if that's sad or not, but it's convenient. 

When I was working, my cubby was organized.  I had a special container for paper clips, binder clips, etc.  Everything was absolutely in order - all the time.  Now that I have moved my "office" from Jeff's office upstairs, I have everything I need and within reach.  I suspect there is some "OCD" in there somewhere, but if so, it has served me well over the years!

Happy Tuesday wherever you are!

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...