Friday, May 8, 2015

Hair

5/8/2015

I have a love hate relationship with my hair - always have.  When I was young, my hair was wavy so fashionable straight hair styles weren't possible for me.  And no, I'm not going to iron my hair, partly because it's not long enough to do so.

Then I grew up and my hair wasn't as wavy as it had been.  Over the years, I've cut it really short, let it grow out, colored it to cover up my gray and permed it.  During the last few months, I've really tried to get used to longer hair, but today I'm going to change that.  My hair is quite heavy and partly because of that and partly because it's gray hair, it requires curlers or a curling iron to make myself look presentable.  I bought barrettes to hold back the hair because I hate hair on my face.  The barrettes did the job, but I ended up most of the time looking like an aging school girl!  Not a good look I assure you.

This morning, I'm going to see Angie who has been "doing" my hair since 1986!  And today, we're going to cut the hair on top of my head short(er).  I'm basically a lazy person, so after washing my hair, I just want to run my fingers and/or a comb through it and be done.  

I have never fussed over my hair and when I start spending too much time looking in a mirror trying to do something with my hair, then it's time for a cut.  

Today, I'm going to opt for a shorter "do" that requires no barrettes and very little to no fixing.

Wish me luck.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...