Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cool and Rainy

5/21/2015

Okay, earlier this week the a/c guy came out. It costs you $119. for him to even appear at the front door, and then obviously there are going to be charges added to that fee.  Because nobody calls out an a/c man in advance of the season (guess we're all just not that smart).  Nope, we wait until the muggiest day of the year, and then we call.

Luckily, the company that I called for service is a big company and I was able to get an appointment for the very next day.  When I called for an appointment, I was dreading the news that they could see me in oh let's see - June something.  

The technician that came to the house has apparently been here before, because he remembered the a/c units and "Jenny" the generator!  He actually asked me if we had gotten a new generator, because he remembered Jenny as being bigger.  Good thing Jenny can't hear!

Turns out that our problem was low refrigerant, which just means that you're not going to get much cold air when you turn on the a/c.  Our downstairs unit needed eight pounds of refrigerant which cost $395.00.  Of course, because the stars fail to align up nicely for us, we haven't needed the a/c since Tuesday.  Obviously, for the sake of the electric bill this is a good thing.

Today, it's gray outside and mother nature is trying hard to make it rain, but it's a pretty weak attempt.  But since it's wet outside, I don't need to go out and water my new baby plants.  I don't want them to die for two reasons: (1) I paid for them; and (2) I had to dig the damn holes which was really hard.  So I'm watching over them like a mother bird over her chicks!

Next year these new plants will be "old" plants and I will worry less about them.  Next year I will plant new plants in the backyard and watch for their survival.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...