Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Cinco de Mayo

5/5/2015

I'm back again because I realized too late that what I should have written about was that this the 41st anniversary of our first date!  

There were extra people involved in getting the date set-up (my dad and Jeff's sister), input from my family about what I should and should not wear.   Advice from my dad about not kissing on the first date! Shish.  

In our 40 plus years together, we have had some real highs and also some low lows.  What I do know about Jeff and I is that no matter what has been or will be thrown in our direction, we can handle it.  Our theory from the beginning is that a relationship is a lot like rowing a boat.  Both people had better be in the boat and paddling in the same direction.  

With the exception of 2013, my oar has kept pace with Jeff's.  We will in days and years to come have some great times together.  If nothing else, just watching Benjamin grow will be satisfying to both of us.

I fervently wish that I didn't have short term memory issues.  That I didn't get depressed and sad.  That I could see my glass as half-full instead of half-empty.  Perhaps in time, I'm hoping that better and sunny days far outweigh the ones that aren't so good.

As I wrote Jeff earlier today, he is and has been my knight in shining armor.  He has never let me down and knows how much I sometimes struggle with things in my life, both big and small.  

For all that Jeff has done and does for me, I am forever grateful.

Who would have thought that a blind date would have been so successful?

Love you Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...