Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Vacuum Cleaner Sucks - Really!

5/6/2015

What is it about a vacuum cleaner that sucks?  Plenty.  One of the problems for me is that it doesn't always suck - as in pick up dirt, dog hair, etc. from the carpet.  I'll admit that I probably don't have the cleanest house in the world, but I try, really I do.

Yesterday, I got out my old but trusted vacuum, and was prepared to tidy up the living room carpet.  After only a moment or two realized the stupid thing wasn't doing it's job.  And everybody and everything must do their job!

Okay, I opened up the machine and decided that I needed a new vacuum bag for starters.  For reasons I don't fully understand, except that I'm inherently vague about how things go together, I can never actually put the bag in where it's supposed to go.  I know, I know, there's a hole in the bag that fits on the hole in the vacuum and that all sounds super easy, but it doesn't work for me.  So that was problem number one for me.

Second issue was the little lint trap if you will at the bottom.  The sucker was really dirty, so I've ordered a new one and while I wait might try taking this old one outside and smacking it around a few times to see if that makes a difference.

At the moment in my living room, is a vacuum that has it's cover off, with it's bag hanging more or less (actually less) from the hole where it's supposed to go.  I also think that my hose might be blocked by debris (dog hair most likely) and today I will straighten out a hanger, and see if I can poke what ever's in there out.

I'm not into fabulously expensive vacuums.  I only want one that works and/or is easy for someone of my limited ability (i.e., talent) to fix it when it doesn't.  I don't think that's asking too much!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...