Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Elastic

5/12/2015

At certain times in our life, elastic can become a mainstay of our live.  Disposable diapers for babies have elastic in the legs - wish that had been available when I was having babies!

There are a lot of people who either don't like or don't need to have elastic in their waistbands.  I, on the other hand, like elastic in my clothing.  With elastic that extra piece of candy or pie you just shoved into your mouth, doesn't cause you any discomfort, unless you have on a piece of clothing that was perhaps too small to begin with!  Women have known to be vain.

Elastic was invented in the mid 19th century, so it's been around awhile.  I don't know if our ancestors used elastic as much in their clothing as we do now.  Of course, I also believe that our ancestors were likely thinner than us, since they weren't bombarded with fast food establishments.

Elastic is mostly used for fit in clothes.  Elastic provides room for stretch ability (after you eat that pie) as well as recoverability in clothes.  Obviously, the biggest use of elastic is in waistbands,
Elastic is used in clothing as well mostly for fitting purposes. Elastic provides room for stretch ability and recoverability of clothes. The elastic waistbands are especially very much in use.  With elastic you can wear your clothes for a longer period of time - whether you gain (more likely) or lose weight.  

Because of adjusting sizes, my pants all have elastic waists.  I no longer own or wear skirts and only have one or two dresses in my closet now.  An elastic waist doesn't make you look better, just more comfortable.  At this point in my life, that's what's important.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...