Monday, May 18, 2015

Icky Sticky Weather

5/18/2015

While the calendar says that summer isn't here yet, apparently Mother Nature can't read!  For the last two days, the humidity in the air leaves you sticking to leather, pleather and vinyl.  There is no uglier sound than the sucking one that comes when you try and remove your body from furniture.  

Today, it's only 9:00 with a humidity of 85%.  I have all the fans going furiously fast, but there is no real relief from them - unless I'm sitting right in front of one of them!  

I complain about the cold during the winter and how it feels like I can't ever get warm.  And today, I'm already uncomfortable and yet the heat of the day hasn't really arrived.  Our house faces east, so all the blinds and curtains are closed at the back of the house.  I don't like doing that, but with a kitchen window as big as mine, you really need to do it.

I'm going to hurry with my chores this morning and then later today, park my fanny in a chair (yes a leather one) with the fan blowing on me and do some reading.  Oh, and I'd better go outside and water my new plants.  It took so much work for me to dig the stupid holes, I for sure don't want the plants to die from lack of water!

Maybe I should buy a kiddie pool at the store and fill it with water and get in.  Oh wait, there's that little thing about needing to blow up a pool.  While it's true I'm full of hot air, I'm not full enough to breath life into a vinyl pool!  Guess I'm stuck with taking multiple cool showers today.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...