Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It's Hot Outside and so is the A/C

5/19/2015

I survived yesterday's heat with a lot of fans, open windows and multiple showers.  I managed to find something to cook for dinner that didn't require the oven - a true requirement this time of year.

When Jeff came home, he said it was time to turn the a/c units on (we have two: one for the upstairs and one for the downstairs).  After sweating, which isn't ladylike at all, all day, I was Johnny on the spot to close up the windows.  

Even after the a/c units were turned on, I didn't notice any real difference downstairs.  Neither did Jeff so he went to the basement and found out that the downstairs unit's compressor wasn't working and would likely burn up.  The a/c upstairs was working, but not to it's maximum potential.  

Jeff told me to call and schedule someone to come out and check out the units.  I called an a/c company this morning and was thrilled when they said they could come out tomorrow morning!  I was shocked.  I had been prepared to hear that the next available service date was say sometime in June.  

I don't know much about these units.  All I feel I need to know is that when I turn them on, they produce cold air and now they don't.  Somehow in the back of my mind, I'm having trouble with the scenario that it's just a little fix.  Makes me feel like I do when you take your car back to the dealer for service - there is always something wrong and sometimes more than one thing, all adding up to big bucks.  Tomorrow might be like that.

For relief from the heat yesterday, I went out in the car, where the a/c works great, and went to a couple of stores just so that I could enjoy their air conditioning.  Sad I know, and I'm spoiled, but in the heat and humidity I just wilt like a little (perhaps large would be a better word) flower!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...