Friday, May 29, 2015

Townhouse Update

5/29/2015

For more months than I can count, Jeff has been helping Scott remodel his townhouse to get it ready to sell.  Over time, every house, apartment, etc., needs a little, and sometimes a lot of, TLC.  The townhouse was in the latter category.

With Jeff and Scott working side-by-side on weekends, they tore out carpeting, flooring, cabinets, shower stalls and pretty much anything else that was attached to the house.  Yesterday, one of the last pieces of construction was finished - brand new carpeting!

Jeff took me over to see the townhouse last night and the place looks great.  Scott and Jeff have painted every square inch of the house, put down new flooring in the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms.  The kitchen has brand new cupboards and granite counter tops.

The only thing left to do before putting the house on the market is cleaning.  The bathrooms all need to be cleaned as well as some of the kitchen appliances.  If I was younger and able to do laborious work, without needing to stop often to rest, I'd tackle the cleaning myself.

But since I don't qualify as either being (a) young; or (b) able, that only leaves option (c) find a cleaner on Craig's List or wherever to come in and do the dirty work.  I believe that once the house has been cleaned, a realtor will be happy to put it on the market.  Since everything in the house is brand new, it will show well and hopefully sell quickly.

Since construction is now over, except for perhaps one last dump run, I can't imagine what Jeff will do with all of his spare time on the weekends!  Fly perhaps?

Keeping our fingers crossed for a quick and profitable sale.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...