Friday, May 22, 2015

Parallel Parking

5/22/2015

The State of Maryland has decided to do away with parallel parking for driving exams.  Good thing too, because I don't know too many people who can do it well.  I think men, at least the ones I know, are better at parallel parking than me.  

I don't see any reason to even try to park between two cars on the side of a street.  Even if I was in a tiny car and there was enough room to park a semi, I'm pretty sure I would manage to screw it up.  And that backing up and going forward stuff until you're actually parked, is maddening.

There was a time, probably a long time ago, when the parking spaces outside of stand alone stores, before the great malls began to take over, that were at an angle.  Parking in an angled space is super duper easy - even I can do it!

Now we just have regular old parking spots, and for reasons I don't understand, even with my car, which handles beautifully, I sometimes still trouble getting in between the white lines.  I have on occasion, at least more than once, parking a bit further out in a parking lot.  Then when I come back to my car, there is a car parked right next to me.  Some kind of karma?  There's hundreds of places to park, and you have to park right next to me?  

I like parking where they are few cars because I can open up my car doors all the way, which makes getting in and out of the car easier for me.  And, as an added bonus, nobody's car door is going to hit mine!

So my car and I may be the only ones out in the "north 40" so to speak in a parking lot.  Even though it's farther and harder for me to walk, I like it that way.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...