Monday, October 17, 2016

Monday All Over Again!

10/17/2016

Jeff's few days of R&R are now over.  I know that he enjoyed sleeping in.  Well not exactly sleeping in, since the pups want you up at 7:00; but, for someone who gets up around 4:30 am, it's sleeping in.

Amazon has an 8 episode show called "Goliath".  It stars Billy Bob Thornton and William Hurt.  It's wonderful.  Jeff and I binged watched it over the weekend.  It's a shame there are only eight episodes, because we were certainly hooked on the series, and wished there were more.

Today, cleaning of the house is on the list STAT.  Problem is, I hardly know where to begin!  Clean the living room first?  Attack the carpet with shampoo?  The list just goes on and on.  I['m clinging to the belief that by year's end (fingers crossed here) that the pups will be settled down a bit, and they won't upend the house every moment of the day.

While Jeff was shopping at Costco and WalMart yesterday, I fixed dinner.  I put wild rice in a baking pan (13x9), chicken thighs on top.  Covered the chicken with cream of mushroom soup (2 cans), added a bit of water and cooked for an hour.  It's an incredibly easy dish to make and it made enough for Jeff to have 'tovers' for his lunch today.

I'm making spaghetti today and will make sure to add cans of the hot ro-tel (tomatoes and chilies) to the pot.  That's as far as my meal planning for the week has gone.  I'm sure I'll think of something to cook tomorrow, probably tomorrow!

There is a book club starting in the neighborhood.  It's on Wednesday night and if I can overcome my general reluctance to try new things, I would like to go.  I don't know and won't know until I show up, if this is going to be an intellectual type of book club.  While I'm interested in books on the best seller's list, the price puts me off.  Because of my dimming ability to read, I like my books on my Kindle which allows me to use a really big font!  

General mayhem is over for the moment.  The pups have been outside with Daisy doing an appropriate amount of digging to find a way to escape.  Then there is the perpetual fight over a chew of one kind or another.  And then the best part is the nap.  Love the naps.  It also seems that when Jeff comes each day, the puppies go into hyper mode and the fighting commences big time.  

It's a very nice day, so I'll take out my new "stroller" (sounds better than a walker) and make some loops around the circle.  Haven't felt up to going down the hill yet.  It's not the down part that worries me, it's the up part.

Have a grand and glorious day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...