Saturday, October 29, 2016

Sugar or Salt?

10/29/2016

It's a beautiful Saturday.  My washing machine is already humming and the dishes are ready to be loaded into the dishwasher.  I am so ahead of the game today (applause)!

Jeff and I are individuals when it comes to some of our food tastes.  Jeff likes spice and salt.  Me?  I love sugar.  Sugar in any and all forms.  If I could be hypnotized into believing that I didn't like/love sugar, there would definitely be a thinner me.

Halloween is on Monday and while we don't get a lot of kids, since we live at the top of a hill, we always buy some candy.  Said candy has been dumped, by me (who else?) into a large bowl and is now sitting on the dining room table.  I admit that I have taken one or two, okay perhaps three Reese's peanut butter cups.  Who doesn't love those?

Ice cream doesn't last long in the house, simply because it "calls" to me.  And like some of my friends who are satisfied with just one spoon of ice cream, I prefer a bowl - filled!  I could I suppose just not buy ice cream.  But what's the fun in that?  We are the number one consumers of ice cream in the world, where an average person eats 48 pints of ice cream a year. In total, Americans consumed 1.58 billion gallons of ice cream in 2011.  And, I was a small part of that statistic.

If I make a cake or some other kind of dessert, I again have the "calling" that I need to "tidy" up the edges!  This was something that I did as a child.  Actually, Mom would make a cake/pie and after the first piece had been cut, would just stick a fork into said dessert, and we kids could help ourselves!  I know if germs freak you out, you wouldn't even think about doing this.  Our sons licked the batter bowls and beaters, and are not worse for doing so.  

Whenever I made cookies, they barely made it to the towel to cool, before I began missing cookies right and left.  But, much like my Mom, I looked the other way.  They say food is an expression of love - and it's good for the soul.  If that's true, then I loved the books a lot!

While I used to bake, I don't do much anymore.  Jeff's digestive system really can't handle too much sugar.  Unfortunately, I have no such trouble.  My problem is knowing when to stop (insert smile here)!

So there you have it.  We're the perfect couple as far as our individual taste buds go.

Happy Saturday.

P


Image result for picture of salt
Image result for picture of ice cream
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...