Monday, October 3, 2016

Television

10/3/2016

If you know me, and most of you do, then you also know that I take my television watching very seriously.  I don't just plop into my chair each evening, pick up the remote, and just watch any old show.  Nope.  The tv guide in the paper on Sunday is very important to me.  I go through the guide and circle what shows I want to record.  Jeff, not being the television watcher that I am, generally doesn't get a vote.

In the summer, when the spring shows are over and the fall shows haven't begun, television watching is tragic.  It gets so bad that Jeff and I sometimes are forced to talk to each other!! (insert happy face here).

The fall line-up is beginning.  I try to be a fair judge, so I try and watch every show at least once and sometimes twice before I give it thumbs down.  There are some shows that out of the gate I know won't last.  The script is just too lame.  

Both Jeff and I are enjoying the show "Designated Survivor" about an attack on the capital and a secretary from HUD being the only person left to step up and be president.  The premise is far fetched I grant you, but Keifer Sutherland is very good and believable as a president who has no idea initially what he's doing.

Of course our usual shows have returned.  All of the Chicago shows: Fire, PD and Med are back and we enjoy this trio where the actors go back and forth between the shows. Shark Tank is always worth watching and then there are my reality and/or cooking shows.  Hell's Kitchen is a favorite of mine, even though Chef Ramsey comes off looking and sounding like a tyrant.  

I have even succumbed to a bit of daytime television.  I enjoy watching Maury (and yes I can hear you sigh) partly because it reminds of roller derby, without the skates!  It seems that all these women come onto the show to test DNA from a man, who turns out not to be the baby's father.  How is this even possible?  Do these women really sleep with so many men at one time that they can't keep the players straight?  

The weekend weather was gloomy and rainy, but the sunshine is out in full force today.  And, it's time to pick up leaves again.  

Have a wonderful Monday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...