Friday, October 28, 2016

Daisy

10/28/2016

You may be tired of my writing about the girls, but they have become my favorite subject!  Minus the poo, of course!

When we rescued Sam, he was 7 years old and really set in his ways.  I wanted him to be a lap dog, but while he was the right size, generally wanted no part of sitting in a chair with me.

One of the reasons that we rescued the puppies is so that we can be certain of everything, both the good and bad, that becomes part of their life.  Ours as well.

Most of you know that I am somewhat of a recluse and suffer from anxiety and depression.  Last night, while watching television in my recliner, Daisy climbed up and settled herself across my chest.  Jeff asked me if I enjoyed Daisy.  Here's what I know: Daisy soothes my soul and the affection she gives me, makes me very, very happy.

A dog's love is unconditional.  They will forgive you for forgetting to fill up the water dish.  Forgive you for hogging the blankets and for demanding that they sit before getting a treat.  If we humans had to perform a trick before getting a treat, we'd all be much skinnier.  

Jeff and I both knew after Sam left us, that not getting a new dog wasn't even an option.  The fact that we rescued two shows a certain amount of madness on our part.  And yet, when they're good, they're very, very good.

Who doesn't like coming home to wagging tails.  You can almost (almost but not completely) forgive the shredded magazines and newspapers all over the floor!

Love the puppies.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...