Friday, October 7, 2016

More Gloom

10/7/2016

It's Friday folks.  That's the good news.  It's a three day weekend for people whose company follows Federal holidays.  Jeff has Monday off, that's a good thing.

The puppies have been very busy this morning and have brought me several things that they had no business of getting into.  As much as I love puppies, I'm looking forward to the day when they won't need to chew non-stop while they're awake.

There is so much on my list of chores that I should do, that I actually don't want to do any!  Clean the kitchen is near the top of the list, as is doing some laundry.  Both of those chores bore me to death.  They're necessary but frankly I'd rather be reading, napping or any other non-chore activity.

I don't cook on Fridays.  We have tacos from Taco Bell.  Mind you, these tacos bear no resemblance to the tacos we could get when we lived in California.  In fact, they are a poor substitute, but it gives me a night off from cooking.

Heading to the salon this morning to get "de-bearded".  I hate chin whiskers, and the older I get the more I have.  Why can't the hair get the idea that I don't want anything growing on my chin and just give up already?

My rollator arrived yesterday so Jeff can put it together this weekend.  My goal is to start walking, and walking farther each day.  I have a long way to go to getting my weight under control.  But you have to start somewhere.  Perhaps Jeff can join me when he gets home and can walk with the puppies so they know how to walk on a leash.

We're scheduled to have rain tomorrow and high humidity.  Luckily, the hurricane poses no threat to our city.  Rain we can live with.  High winds not so much.

I hope you get to enjoy a three day weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...