Thursday, October 27, 2016

Assemble Instructions!

10/27/2016

I am one of those people, who have difficulty following instructions.  The instructions can be pictures and/or written ones.  Doesn't matter.  I'm a complete flop when it comes to putting stuff together.  

I watched the movie "Joy" about the woman who invented the "Joy Mop" and two of the benefits of said mop is that while you're mopping, your hands never get wet, because the mop squeezes the water out for you.  The only time you have to get your hands wet is when you take the mop head off to put in the washing machine.  Sounds simple doesn't it?  And for most folks, probably is.  

My mop arrived yesterday with detailed instructions on how to lock this and unlock that.  How ot extend and/or shorten the handle.  I looked at the pictures, read the instructions and even went to You Tube for help.  Finally, after much energy and time was spent, I was able to get the mop head to "pop" out from the handle.  Still feeling positive, I put some soapy water in the sink, and dunked the mop head, and squeezed.  Since the puppies love the play outdoors, they tend to forget to do some or all of their business outside.

I put the mop to work on the hall and kitchen floors.  Did a very nice job and when I was through with just those two areas, the mop head was really dirty.  Okay, now it was time for me to return to the instructions/pictures to figure out how to take the mop head off.  The instructions sounded easy enough, but it took me simply forever to "get it"!  There is a clip that you open and push something else back and then the mop head is free to take to the washing machine.  I like the fact that you can wash the mop head, because all of my mops in the past, tend to get a bit stinky after a period of time.  Sort of the way that kitchen sponges can get if not washed regularly and properly.

The instructions said to put the mop head into a mesh bag and/or pillowcase.  I put it into a pillow case, but during the washing, it managed to free itself from the pillow case.  The mop head was no worse for being washed without protection.  I hung the damp, but very clean, mop head on a hanger to dry.  Next trial?  Putting the mop head BACK on the handle.  I'm figuring that it should only take me one or two hours to get it right  (insert smiley face here)!

I have also bought, but haven't received yet, the "Joy Bucket", which is a bucket designed to hold the mop upright in the center.  Every mop I've ever had when left in a bucket, slides to one side or the other.  I'll let you know how that works, after it arrives.

Today looks a bit gloomy outside, but I may (emphasis on the word may) go outside and pick up some leaves.  And then again, maybe not - I'll have to see.

Have a great Thursday.

P

Image result for picture of joy mop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...