Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Tongues and Pictures

10/12/2016

I know you're thinking gross - right?  And you're right, which makes the new phenomenon of sticking one's tongue out when pictures are being taken.  Why on earth do people do this?  Ick.  What happened to just having a smile?  

And, it's not just regular folk who do this.  Celebrities - Miley comes to mind.  There is nothing even remotely feminine or, for that matter, gentlemanly, about sticking a tongue out at picture time.  And everybody is taking selfies.  Again, I wonder why that has become so popular.

I hate having my picture taken.  This is probably because I don't like looking at my baggy, saggy, plumped up body.  If I don't look in a body-sized mirror, then I can make myself believe (in my mind only), that I look okay.  I'm not a 10 in either looks or body size, and I can live with that.  But, there is no way you can escape the obvious once a picture has been taken.

Some people just photograph well.  I see pictures of friends on Facebook and they always look amazing.  How do they pull that off exactly?  When I was with Benjamin and Stacey at the aquarium a week ago, she wanted me to pose for a picture with Benjamin, but I politely declined.  In other words, I said no thanks.  

Maybe I'm just getting old and possibly cranky.  The world I live in, and perhaps you do as well, is geared to much younger people. They are glued to their cellphone and I can't even remember where my cellphone is - and don't care.  Never used it much anyway.

The pups are down for their first nap, so it's time for me to get some work done.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...