Sunday, October 30, 2016

Leaves

10/30/2016

Yesterday afternoon was spent with the boring and somewhat painful chore of picking up leaves.  That once cute little oak tree planted 30 years ago, is now super large and there are a lot of leaves that have already fallen.  Jeff blows all the leaves into a pile and it's a big pile.  My job?  Pick up those leaves, which is a job I've really come to hate.

By the time I had finished with the leaves, I had 9 bags of leaves ready to be picked up on Wednesday for recycling.  If Jeff had been around, he would have been able to reduce the number of bags significantly, as he is an excellent smusher (new word).  I don't smush.  When the bag is mostly filled, I do make a small (emphasis on small) attempt to push the leaves down to make more room.  Frankly, I'd rather get a new lawn bag and start fresh then try to compact leaves into a bag. 

Unfortunately, the oak tree is nowhere near done with dropping leaves.  I suspect that next weekend, we'll be doing the same chore.  Once we get frost, that tends to slow leaves from dropping.  And, there is no frost in our forecast - darn.

The homeowners association will have a neighborhood leaf pick up in November.  If you put your leaves in a pile at the curb, they will come along and suck them all up.  Yeah.  

The leaves in the backyard from yet another large oak tree aren't picked up.  Thanks to years of dogs running back and forth, there isn't much grass left, but definite paths where the dogs run around.  

My major job for today is to pre-check the package of documents that Jeff and I put together yesterday that will be mailed tomorrow to the FAA.  There are a number of documents, and by the time we had gone through those documents, I began to stress because hopefully the FAA will return Jeff to flying status.  We've provided everything they have asked for; but, it is a government agency and the wheels go round slowly.  Fingers crossed.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...