Friday, October 28, 2016

Today's Agenda

10/28/2016

It's Friday, which means I don't cook dinner.  Jeff brings home tacos from Taco Bell, which is a poor substitute for "real" Mexican food.  The kind of food found in California, but sometimes you have to be satisfied with what you've got.

This morning I'm off to get my toes painted.  Guys don't appreciate how good it feels to have a pedicure.  I only get clear polish because it's really hard for me to reach my toes and with clear polish, nobody notices any chips.  I dislike chipped nail polish, as most women do.

After I get home, and appraise the damage, if any, done by the girls, I can move on to a chore.  Any chore.  They're called chores because that's what they are.  Chores are not fun, they are a necessity - blah!  Now if said chores were called "funs", they I'd be all over that.  But sadly they're not.

Bella can now get her paws up on the kitchen counter, which is a big no-no in this house.  Frankly, I can't remember any of our dogs, after a few corrections, doing the cruising the counter bit.  I sprinkled some chili powder on the edge of the counter and made sure to put some food in with the powder.  So far, she's not taking the bait.

She did, however, manage to snag a pork chop from a bowl, without breaking the bowl.  I definitely give her high scores for persistence, but taking food that's not meant for her, is unacceptable.  I guess I'll have to step up my game.

What I have to do on a daily basis, is make sure the girls potty in the appropriate place, and my dining room carpet isn't that.  Watch for signs that the girls are "teething" on chair legs, and take paper products (kleenex, paper towels, paper plates, etc.) out of their mouths before they can produce confetti!

I keep an Excel spreadsheet of the books I want to read.  And, if you know me well, you're thinking of course you do.  I also have a binder where I keep book pages torn out from magazines.  My Kindle is always charged and filled with a lot of books.  I'd be very unhappy if I didn't have something to read.  And books would last longer, if I read every word on every sentence!  But, I don't.  I have always been kind of a skimmer type of reader.  If the sentence doesn't seem relevant to me, then I have a tendency to skip that line.  It's just what I do.

I didn't take my "buggy" out for a spin the last few days, so today I need to make several loops around the circle in the street.  I was up to 8 loops last time, and perhaps today I can increase that number to 9 or 10 times.  I don't think sitting down mid-way through intentional exercise counts!

Bella has done well after her surgery, no pain pills even necessary.  I need to go to the vet and return the two cones that I bought - one for Bella and one for Daisy.  Neither dog has shown any interest in the stitches, which I feared might be a problem.  

Oh, new website that's fun.  It's www.jigsawplanet.com.  At their site, you can pick out puzzles that have as few as 6 pieces, which I can finish in seconds, or puzzles with hundreds of pieces.  I avoid the puzzles with 300 or 400 pieces, because the pieces are quite small and hard for me to see.  If you're looking for something to do in your downtime, you might want to go and take a look.  It's habit forming!

Have a wonderful Friday.

P

Image result for picture of jigsaw puzzle pieces





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...