Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fun Facts About January 8



1/8/2013

 
Fun Facts About January 8

Let’s check those old memory banks today.  How many of you know what the top tv shows were in January of 1990?  Give up?  I bet you did.  Don’t worry I’ve got the answers.  The Cosby Show, Cheers, Roseanne, The Golden Girls, 60 Minutes, A Different World, Murder, She Wrote, Empty Next, The Wonder Years and Designing Women.  Jeff and I didn’t watch all of those shows.  I know for a fact that in 1990 Jeff and I had not yet been brought into the 60 minute viewing loop.  We’re there now – but at the time – not so much.

One of the most important people, in my humble option, who was born today was Elvis!  Yeah, let’s hear it for rock and roll.

Special stuff that happened on January 8th:

1790 – first State of the Union address (limited audience – no television)
1946 – Elvis received his first guitar (notice the importance of Elvis and January 8th?)
1993 – Michael Jordan scored his 20,000th career point
1997 – Mister Rogers received a star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Okay, January 8th may just be a Tuesday to most of us, but I think we should pause a moment to observe the observances for today, which are: National English Toffee Day (I’m loving January 8th already), Bubble Bath day, Male Watcher’s Day (ladies it apparently is your turn to gawk and/or whistle at the guys), National Joy Germ Day (I can only guess what that’s all about) and last but not least Show and Tell Day at Work!

If you find that you’re not into toffee you can bring your leftovers to my house and don’t panic because there are MANY food days for the month of January.  I don’t want to give you too much information before the actual day comes around but I’ve set my calendar for January 19th which is Popcorn day (and who doesn’t love that).  Oh and on the 31st it’s Brandy Alexander Day (sure hope that falls on a weekend).

Just in case today is your birthday, according to sources you should embrace:  Sensuality, dynamism, stamina and you should avoid:  Overindulgence, greed, self-pity.  In reading the avoidances those look like good things for all of us to avoid!

One final subject and then I’ll be still.  Music .  The top five artists of 1967 (year I graduated from high school) were: The Beatles, The Monkees, The Rolling Stones, Bee Gees and Procol Harum (Whiter Shade of Pale).

Got some trivia you want to share?  Jump in any time.

 

P

 

 

 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...