Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Spring/Winter?



1/30/2013
 
Spring/Winter?

If you haven’t noticed  winter is over as far as the stores, catalogs and clothes manufacturers are concerned.  Right now you would have an easier  time buying a bathing suit than perhaps a winter coat.  Need boots?  Good luck with that.  If it hasn’t already started it won’t be long before stores will start a severe discount on everything winter.  That would be the time to get a coat, provided you like the selection and can find your style.  Generally, I’m not too successful on the sale rack – Jeff says that’s because I don’t look!  I do look but only briefly.

This week I have received several catalogs (and we know how much I love them) and everything inside is pastels, short sleeved, cropped pants and summer’s best bathing suits.  I haven’t gotten over the trauma of buying a bathing suit LAST year and am certainly not ready to start that process all over again.  And in case you’re wondering (and that would mean you are a man), you can’t be seen in last year’s suit.  It’s like wearing a party dress twice – not done.

I don’t understand why we can’t stay in one season until the actual season is nearly over.   So let’s say for winter we’d keep coats, gloves and boots on the shelf until say mid-March.  Luckily, I’m all geared up as far as winter clothes go and I’m just not ready to think about rearranging my closet to put the “springy” things up front.  Besides because I’m so disorganized I just got around to putting them in the back of the closet! 

And don’t wait until the next snow storm to go out and buy a snow shovel.  I don’t know why we wait until it’s an emergency but that may just be human nature.  On a rainy day umbrellas literally float out of stores.  If you’re an adult I can’t imagine why you don’t already own an umbrella.  Or maybe you do but you can’t find it – or it’s not with you when you need it.  I can’t remember the last time I used an umbrella.  Since I’m not very “techy” I get wetter trying to open and close the umbrella then I do by just walking.  And as further endorsement for going around without an umbrella Jeff tells me that “I’m not made out of sugar and you’re not going to melt.”  Hmph.  Turns out that he’s been right so far.

But I’m going to offer you some sage advice.  If you need anything just go to Ebay and you’ll be able to find it.   I know because I browse the site constantly.  I have at this very moment 998 100% positive feedbacks.  If I get just TWO more positive feedbacks the color of my star will change!  Having 1,000 positive feedbacks means that I’m a good buyer (obviously) but thought of another way means that I have also bought a thousand things.  That sounds bad doesn’t it?  I started buying on Ebay in January of 2001 and my first purchase was a Murano vase.  Clearly I don’t know my sizes because when it arrived it was lovely but so tiny.  It looked so much bigger in the picture!  I’ve seen learned to use a ruler so that I don’t get caught off guard again.

While it was in the 60’s here yesterday I know it’s too soon to store away the winter coat.  Just when we get comfy with the warmer weather, Mother Nature will return and smack us around.  As I sit here at 5:00 am, it's already 57 outside.  Crazy weather.

It's National Croissant day - yum and made yummier with butter!

“The seasons are the emotions of Time.” ―  E.J. George

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...