Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wilma

1/20/2013

Wilma

I'm trying to keep you guys in the loop.  As of last night I have put part two of Wilma to bed - for now.  The two parts I have mostly finished gives me 110 pages of single spaced text.  Part three, which I'm rewriting at the moment, is about an additional 40 pages.

Oh and the best news is that I've come up with a title "Abe's Missing Diary".  I may change it but I'm trying it out and so far I like it.  Of course the title is only 24 hours old and you know what they say about women and their minds!

Anyway in part two Wilma finds herself on her own and winds up staying at a "motel" where rooms are rented by the hour and no questions are asked!  Then other stuff happens (clearly I can't tell you everything) and Wilma's best friend is coming to Washington with clean clothes and money.  Wilma is befriended by a man named Sue (nickname) who she trusts - for now. "Sue" is pretty evasive about what he actually does for a living which causes Wilma concern.  Meanwhile, Wendell (the villain) is still in the picture and always seems to be just one step behind Wilma. 

Lest you think I don't suffer for my art - it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm up - coffee in hand - and writing.  First, I'm writing to you guys and then I'm going to start reading and editing part three.  One new incentive for working on Wilma so much is that Cirrus (plane) has just announced a new plane that can carry 200 more pounds and has a larger parachute.  That means you could have four people in the plane, full fuel and still have "weight" room left over for the luxury items - like luggage!  Weight is always an issue when flying even in big planes but more so with the little guys.

I'm authoring early because Jeff and I have agreed (reluctantly) that we would spend today closing out the books for one of the companies - preparing W-2's, prepare all required state and federal annual filings - boring stuff like that.  We also have one other agreement that is in place every year when we are doing taxes and such.  We agree that we won't kill each other and/or we won't get a divorce. Raised voices are okay and generally is part of year end accounting for us but we'll see love each other tomorrow!

Nearly forgot the food of the day.  Yesterday was popcorn and I managed to get that in last night while watching tv.  Today is butter crunch, cheese lover's, granola bar AND coffee break day!  I don't know how the 20th of January managed to cram so much food into one day but I prefer not to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Enjoy.

Thought for the day:  

You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving. - Saint Francis de Sales.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...